Monday, January 18, 2010

4 day weekend

You would think you would spend 4 days being productive and getting shit done. But not me, oh no...I can waste 4 days like nobody else.... *poof* they're gone!
Well it wasn't a complete waste. I got my car fixed and the puppies cut on Thursday; we went to the motorbike show on Friday (oh please oh please, whatever deity looks down apon me....help me be happy with my little Honda 750 and resist the urge to buy a new 1300....please...yah right, I'm so screwed lol); on Saturday I went to my first Sorrentino's cooking class, which was amazing; and Sunday we went to a baby shower and to a puppy play date. Sounds like a full weekend, right?
What you don't see getting done is the laundry, the housecleaning, the de-xmasfying of the house, any writing at all, and especially the list making and grocery shopping! Seriously, I didn't go to the grocery store. It's almost laughable now.
"What do you want for breakfast?"
"Oh, anything. What do we have?"
"Lessee....some crackers, er, but it's mostly crumbs, a can of oysters, some pudding mix we could lick at since we don't have any milk...."
"S'okay, I'll just, um...have a candy cane from the tree..."
So, tonight, no excuse! I even brought my magic cookbook to work so I can write out the mealplan.
Hopefully the boss won't ask too many questions if he sees it.

No comments: